Enterprise Architecture Review & Recommendations
The Department of Education (DoE) requested a complete Enterprise Architecture review of services, to document and map DoE and all Public School (P-12) School Information Systems (SIS), Student Administration and corporate applications (internal and external systems). ECC made recommendations and roadmaps to align the DoE to the new Schools Digital Strategy 2019 – 2026.
- Mapped and documented current state and identified the Business Architecture, Information Architecture, Application Architecture and Technology Architecture required to support and deliver on their new digital strategy.
- ECC also identified short, medium and long-term recommendations focused on the below objectives.
- Maximised the value of the investment.
- Modernised and future proofed the solution for the next ten years
- Reduced the complexity
- Improved operability, support and maintenance of the suite
- Quick turn-around time to meet school needs
- Discovered concerns and pain points
- Identified remediation options for each identified pain point.
- Proposed a roadmap and an action plan for improvements.
- Unique to DoE, ECC delivered a Findings & Recommendations Report as well as a 5-year roadmap including a detailed Gantt Chart on immediate and medium-term activities to support their immediate business objectives and digital strategy.