Telstra – TV and set-top-box
ECC’s Lead Architect designed, built and delivered complex mobile applications connected with backend creative management and content systems.
- A total of four mobile product development projects were delivered for Android and IOS:
- Telstra TV Voice Activation Project Mobile App (4K streaming TV shows).
- Telstra Box Office Platform Mobile App (4K streamed movies and media).
- The solution required:
- ServiceNow as the back-end service for mobile phone, which was integrated with UX-custom designed front end platform for steaming.
- Pre-payment technology design, build and integration using Braintree (PayPal).
- Special customer features included a library of favourites, watch later and wish list items.
- Scrum process combined with UX, using a ‘sprint ahead’ methodology (before development) resulted with efficient delivery.
- The UX development and design was intuitive to the customers’ profiles.
- The user can now enjoy seamless ‘anywhere, anytime and any device’ streaming experiences on their laptop, mobile TV and/or on the go.
- Customer base ~ 1.5 million subscribed.
- 4 Apps – Telstra TV IOS and Android and Telstra IOS and Android Box Office.
- 10 integrated services delivered through API Gateway.
- Voice activation command integration with the TV set-top-box was a unique feature for Telstra.
- Integrated voice control: Ask to search, play and pause movies and TV shows, change channels, apps, volume and much more.
- Telstra TV Enhanced Remote: Wi-Fi enabled, Telstra’s Enhanced Remote enables customers to power on, turn the volume up, or control entertainment with your voice.